OK, so I tried to run the upgrade last night and I’ve ended up with a few issues. This could be my fault, however I did follow the instructions found on the debian website and had to resolve multiple dependencies.
The minor issues I’ve encountered:
- slocate appears to have been removed and replaced with mlocate.
- Apache is complaining about NameVirtualHost not being set anywhere for both *:80 and *:443, yet the config files show otherwise
The Major issues I’ve discovered:
- MySQL Server was uninstalled as part of the upgrade. The only way I have been able to re-install it is to run dpkg –set-selections < packages.list where packages.list was the file I created using dpkg –set-selections as part of the upgrade.
- BackupPC requires complete analysis of the config file to work out which parameters have not been defined in the old config so it will run.
- OcsInventory (admittedly installed from source so not a Debian problem) causes Apache2 to fail on startup owing to a missing perl module.
- Install mlocate and run updatedb
- Re-install OCSInventory and restart Apache2
- update the backuppc-config file using Meld to import the new variables and the backuppc wiki to migrate from v2 to v3.
Wasn’t that fun? :oP